LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Today is a new day!

I had a chemo treatment yesterday.  Actually, they started it at 10:30 Monday night which ran until 2:30 Tuesday morning.  Ick, is all I have to say.  There is nothing more miserable than waking up to that "chemo" sickness.  Anyone that is reading this and has had cancer with chemo treatments  knows what I am talking about.  Nausea is OFF. THE. CHARTS.  and you simply feel CRUMMY!  Right before I started chemo my daddy (who is a stage 4 bladder cancer survivor of 6 years!  whoop whoop!) said to me "Em, there will be days that you simply DO. NOT. CARE. ABOUT. ANYTHING!  I MEAN:  NOTHING!   And that's okay because those days will pass."  Boy, was he soooo right! "Chemo" days, this ole gal doesn't care about ANYthing!  It's all I can do to carry on a conversation.  I told my husband that I am soooo not used to this "sick" feeling.  I can count on ONE hand how many times I have actually been SICK in my lifetime---praise the Lord!!  BUT!!! 
TODAY IS A NEW DAY!!! 

I woke up feeling refreshed.  I slept 6 hours last night (which is truly something in the hospital as the nurses must come in every hour to check my vitals, give me meds, etc..., etc...)  :0)  Nausea is near to none and I have some energy!  Thanking the good Lord for answering our prayers. 

I hope everyone is enjoying the "break" from the CUH-RAZY heat we've had lately!  I'm hoping I MIGHT get to go home tomorrow and enjoy some of it. 


3 down, 5 to go!!


Blessings!!!


E

No comments:

Post a Comment