LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I want to start off by saying I have been blessed by having a very special daddy.  I often think, unknown by him, about how much my daddy means to me.  I am the woman I am today because he and my mama instilled such deep values in me. He was a driving force in pushing me, no matter how hard, to keep going and never give up.    I truly believe I can do anything I put my mind to because of that.  I can remember playing basketball in Junior High and High School, listening for encouragement or advice from my daddy.  Even today I want my daddy at my "sporting events".   I have always looked to my daddy and I STILL call him when I am in a "crunch" and need help!  He hasn't failed me yet!!!  So daddy, if you are reading this I LOVE YOU AND AM SO GLAD YOU ARE MINE!!!  God truly does have us in His hands!   HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! 

I also want to wish my hubby and Happy Father's Day!  I have truly been blessed with a man that puts his children and me first.  I believe we are a team with parenting and we will win!  HAHA...  I can already see the admiration in our young sons' lives and how they look up to their daddy.  You really do take your role of being a father seriously and I am so thankful for that!  I LOVE YOU and HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! 


Now....let's talk about yesterday's run.............yeah.................huh......not. a. good. run.  I just could NOT get over that wall yesterday!  I knew it when I got up, unfortuately.  I felt like I had been hit by a truck!  I hate days like those!  I finished with  a 7 mile run.  Not great--but better than none.   Well, onto a new week.  I took the day off, as I don't usually run on Sundays.  I hope the rest helps for tomorrow's run.  Hope you guys have a great week!  Stay cool and hydrated people!!  It.  Is.  HOT!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment