LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Been a long time...

Well, now....it's been a while since my last post.  Nothing really new going on with me.  Keep on keepin' on---that's what I do! ;0) 

Two more chemos that are only 2 weeks apart , whew!  Will NOT miss going in every other week for THAT! then 11 months of once a month chemo.  Ick, but it's better than the prior.  I'm thinking the "worst" parts of this are over:  EXCRUCIATING headaches, BRAIN SURGERY  ( !!!! ),  and 14-day chemos.  Yes....I have topped that hill and will be on the downward slope soon.  Again-- thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement and PRAYERS!  THEY ARE WORKING!!!  :0) 

The doctor told me I could start working my way back into running.  WHHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  I cried when he told me that.  This week, I began walking the neighborhood.  It's hard not to jog some, but I have promised many people I would go slow and I am going to try to keep that promise.  BUT!!!  My goal IS to run/jog by December.  I want to try the St. Jude 5K this year.  I haven't run/walked it in several years so it should be fun! 

Hope this blog finds everyone well.  I hope to return to work at the end of September--looking forward to finally meeting my kiddos and getting to know them!  My personal children are ready for their mama to return to work!  I am constantly asked when "are you going to be a teacher again?"  I love that!  I tell them all the time that I am still a teacher.  Their response:  "No, I mean....when will you GO BACK TO TEACHING!?"  Love those munchkins!  Normalcy is what they want, dontcha think? 

Anyway---have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY, PEEPS!!  LOVE TO ALL AND MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU TODAY!!!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment