LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Beyonce pulls me through and my nemesis during the summer

So, I couldn't sleep and decided to get on up and start my day.  Afterall, it IS the summer and if I WANTED to, I could take a nap later in the day.  I hit the pavement early this morning. And. Let. Me. Tell. You.  WOW what an hour and a half can mean in the summer months!  It was actually nice as I strolled on my merry-way!  YEEEEEHAAAAAAAA  ...   BUT  THEN....
                                      
... (You knew I couldn't let it go, didn't you?)...  WHEW a beautiful sight but my, oh, my....sometimes it is just brutal!  I was running along, quite nicely in fact, but about half way -- I was like, "Nope, can't do it.  Gotta stop.  Gotta stop.  Gotta stop"  BUUUUT!!!  Leave it to ole Beyonce to "save the day!" with two oldies, but goodies:  "All the Single Ladies" and "Independent Woman".  I mean, come on ladies!!!  If you can't find your groove to THOSE, we have a situation at hand!  I was bee-boppin' on my lil' ole way when these two songs came on and low and behold....I.  Was.  Done!!   WOOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOO   3 miles down--not a huge accomplishment for some, but for me during these dog days of summer...it was a blessed relief! 

Last night my sweet ole hubby decided to load up the fam and take us to see Transformers.  It was AWESOME!  I loved every minute of it!  Apparently my two kiddos did too, 'cause I really don't think they BLINKED during the movie!  Stuck like glue!  While I was waiting for some goodies ((expensive goodies, I might add))  I looked around aaannnnnddd.......
TAAAAA DAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!  I CAN'T WAIT!!!  The Help is one of my favorite books!  It captured my attention last summer.  I read that big ole' hunk of love in two days, no less.  I simply could NOT put it down!  I am super pumped about seeing this movie.  Would really like to see it with my ole Sole Sister, since she's the one that put me on it (and I think we totally have a connection to the book) hhhmmmmm....that would mean she would have to come visit me!  :0)    Speaking of books...if you love to read or even if you don't typically, but might be looking for a summer fun read :  Firefly Lane.  O M G!!!   {{swoon}}  This great read will DEFINTELY not let you down!  ((It's about two best friends.))  I'm thinking the author, Kristin Hannah, is my new fav.  Give her a try!  I have read several and love them all but especially Firefly Lane. 

Well, off to clean up and head to the ole classroom to work.  Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's that time of year again.  Can you believe we start back in less than 3 weeks?  I tell people all the time that it's not long before we're school year-round.  Which, personally, I wouldn't mind.  I feel like I am ever-working on, in, or around my classroom anyway.  No complaints here, I love what I do!  I simply get giddy when I see school supplies being laid out in the stores.....I know, I know,  "teacher geek".....    ;0) 

Hope everyone has a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment