LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

WOOOHOOO

Well, mornin' all you guys and gals!  It's a glorious day to be alive!  This is the day the Lord has made, let us REJOICE and BE GLAD IN IT! 

Hit a 4miler last night and 3 this morning.  I am thankful for the ability and the strength to finish these two runs in this heat and humidity.  I can definitely see a difference in my runs now that I am not focused on forcing through it.  As I have said before, sometimes I get caught up in the timing and pace and don't enjoy my runs, and yes, I actually LOOOVE running!  It makes me feel like I have really accomplished something.  Even if it's a short run.  Running also helps me to clear my head and think straight!  There's something about being exhausted after a run and then BAM!  ENDORPHINES kick in ... and trust me .... it's an amazing feeling. 

On a completely different note.  St. Jude marathon is COMPLETELY SOLD OUT!  The half and the full......COMPLETELY sold out.  How amazing is THAT!?  And why all of a sudden?  As I was trottin' along this weekend, I was pondering that very question:  Why is it all of a sudden the marathon is completely sold out?  Wanna know my thoughts?  Biggest Loser.   I think the t.v. show Biggest Loser has opened up doors to the "marathon thinking".  Every year 12 or so contestants battle it out against their bulge and each other over a series of weeks.  The last couple of years they have started off their season with "running" a half marathon.  Weighing in at 250-500 lbs.  then they end their season with a full....it. is. amazing.  I mean, when I watch it, I think "Heck, if THEY can do it, so can I!".....who knows..... sounds good though, eh? 

Well, off to get ready for work this morning.  It IS a beautiful day!  Hope all is well with you and yours!  HaPpY TuEsDaY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment