LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Things I do not understand

I left off the other day stating I was dealing with a heavy heart.  What I meant was, a dear friend of mine is in the fight of his life with stage 4 colon cancer.  I do not understand why, how, when, what......I have so many questions.  The news rocked all of our worlds last February.  He's been such a trooper, a fighter. After surgery and HARD chemo, we were given "good news" in November.  He took his family to Disney, enjoyed spending time with his family on Christmas, but the excruciating, unrelentless pain returned.  We found out last night his cancer is back. 

I am heartbroken and devestated.   I do not know how to help my dear friend.  It's very frustrating being on this end.  You want to help, but are simply reared helpless. No words can express what you feel.  When I look at my friend, I miss him so much.  He was the life of the party!  People gravitated toward he and his wife.  Everyone loves them so much!  I just don't. understand.  But then, I'm not supposed to.  God knows...A man's steps are directed by the Lord. 
How then can anyone understand his own way? Proverbs 20:24.  I DO trust, knowing God has a plan for it all.  Understand?  It's not for me to.  I must trust and have faith knowing He loves us and knows where we all are at this moment. 


2011 came and went in the blink of an eye.  I took many lessons away from the year, one being a great reminder:  Life is short.  Live it to the fullest.  And never take ANYone or ANYthing for granted. 

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment