LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

OVER. DUCK. SEASON!!!

I am SO missing my hobby!!  My hubby is an avid hunter, may it be deer season or duck, he loves it.  And technically, I'm all about him having some type of hobby, I just wish we could get together on our times!  LOL  I have said over and over when people ask : "HOW do you find time to train for a marathon?!"  the answer is quite simple:  I have a wonderful support system at home.  He knows running: 1. keeps me healthy 2. keeps me SANE!!  3. is something that I truly, TRULy enjoy and look forward to doing  4.  did I mention keeps me sane?  ;0)  5.  is dear to my heart

I have MISSED running these past few weeks.  It. Is. Time!!  O.VER duck season, people!  Thankfully, this is the last week and training begins Sunday.  WOOHOOOO

On a heavier note, my dear friend is still in the fight for his life.  I am rendered helpless of this situation.  His wife and I became best buds in college, she was the maid of honor in our wedding, and do you just have "that" friend that's closer than family?  We've seen good times, bad times, funny times, trying times...  My heart is completely broken over this entire situation.  Cancer is a horrible disease.  I just don't understand.  He is THE FUNNIEST man I know!  I laughed and told my husband the other day that I miss his funny antics, texts, and personality.  I'm worried his mind-set is not what it was a few weeks ago. And rightfully so!  But we need him to FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!!  Kiss your babies, tell your loved ones how much they mean to you, and STOP AND SPEND TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY--you never know what's around the corner.

KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON!  (Maybe I will REALLy and TRULY get to start running again next week!  ;0))

No comments:

Post a Comment