LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cheatin'

February 1.  Time to start.  I cannot BE.LIEEEVE I have not run in two months!  2 months!!! 
    Here are my excuses:  1.  "they" say to take one day off for every mile you ran after a marathon, hence, 26 days, right?     2.  hubby has been hunting, therefore, no daylight     3.  we have spent a LOT of time with our friends, we know we're on borrowed time with one   4.  ???  I'm out of excuses....

  The REASON:  I have JUST been TOO. DARN.  LAZY!! 
  
  So where does one begin after several weeks of nontraining, you ask?  From. the. BEGINNING!!!  Ugh....In my heart of hearts, I would love to trek out and hit 5 miles, but in my smarts (yes, they're there!) I know I mustn't crank up like I am some bad to the bone machine.  After all, respect your body and it'll respect you.  So, back to the grind....Couch to 5K.  Yep, that's where I am....sorta.  In the beginning, the program only takes you 1.5 miles. I just can't stop with that...yall know me too well, soooo, it's 3 for me.  I have run 3 miles since my college days, so I truly think my body is accustomed to THAT.  Anything over 3, I'm pushing it, so, for now, I will stick with 3 and a little couch to 5k training.  :0)

I can already feel my legs screaming:  WHAT!?    NOW!?!   


LOVE.  IT. 

Happy running!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment