LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Almost there!

Well, I ran the full 18 miles that was intended according to the training plan I am following, but let me tell you, I wanted to run 19, possibly 20.  It was a good run, but I  feel like I let myself down a little bit. 

I started out at a tight pace yesterday.  I just could NOT loosen up!  I don't know if it was the cooler weather or that I had eaten a heavy supper or simply a combo of the two, but it wasn't pretty starting off.  Needless to say, I worked it out because before I knew it I had completed 5 miles as though they were nothing.  (What an amazing feeling, by the way)  Around mile 10, though, I had an ipod malfunction.  The stupid thing just QUIT! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO RUN 8 MORE MILES WITHOUT MUSIC!?!?  THEEEN about mile 14 my ole knee started giving me FITS!  Again, not sure if it was the weather or what.... BUT I FINISHED MY LONG RUN!  WhOoOoOo WhOoOoOoOoOoO!!!  One more "biggie" before the race--which I'm totally feeling pumped about these days.  I really feel good and have a postive mindset (which is VITAL for this doozey, wouldn't ya say?  ;0))

Anyway--hope you guys have a great FIRST OF NOVEMBER WEEK!!  SERIOUSLY CANnot BELIEVE NOVEMBER IS ALREADY HERE!  Tomorrow is the dreaded day of Halloween at school.  ugh.....let's just say that there IS some truth to the saying : "the crazies come out on Halloween"---it's called sugared up kids!  ;0)  HA!  ((You know I'm right, yall!  Just the sheer thought of all that candy coming home excites all kids of all ages!))  I'm that mom, by the way, that "accidentally" throws out all of the candy!  "Oh honey, I'm so sorry!  I thought that was old candy!"  Anywho--have a happy and safe week, yall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment