LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Monday, September 26, 2011

It's Been a While...

Oh my WORD, for all of you "out of towners" following along this blessed event in my life, let me just tell you... gracefullness is still not my strong point.  Sheesh! 

If I haven't caught you up on the last little episode, have a seat, a cup of  something, and get ready for a laugh....

It started last Saturday (2 weeks) ago.  I had 12 miles looking at me and a full day of baseball with the bambino (his first tourney, so I KNEW I couldn't miss it!).  I am a 10 minute miler, 11 on these loooong runs, so I knew I had to get up, get out, and finish before 8:30.  So, I get up at 5 a.m.  ON A SATURDAY (!!  Now THAT is dedication, right, people!?)  Anyway--I'm up and out the door at 5:30.  Keep in mind, it is still dark out and difficult to see.  Well, I'm trottin' along, feelin' good, about to hit my first mile when...... it happened.....  yes, yes, I knew it was inevitable, but DANG!  IT HURT!!!  I tripped over a blob of concrete.  Let me just say, I figured I would fall eventually, simply because those of you who know me well, know I tend to trip over MY OWN FEET!  But THISTHIS. was. the. most. painful. fall. I have . EEEVEER experienced!!!  Needless to say, I bounced and skidded about 3 feet and by the time it was all said and done, I probably should've gotten stitches in my knee.  I skinned about 3 layers of skin off my knee AND my left hand.  I had to sit there a while because I thought I was going to PASS OUT!!!  Or throw up, one...either way...it was bad, and as I sat there, a thought crossed my mind:  What IF something REEEALLLY bad happened to me?  How would anyone know?  Lesson learned:  wear a head lamp if planning on running in the dark AANNND  GET AN I.D. BRACELET......SOOON!!!

After all has been said and done, I have been out of commission for about a week, BUT!!!  A little scrape never keeps me down!!  I got in my 6 miles and my 13 this weekend.  WHO'S THE BOMB-DIGGITY!?!?  Yes, ladies and gentlemen....banged up knee and all, this ole gal never let a few scrapes and sore knees keep her away from doing what she loves!  Needless to say, I should be back on track for the duration of my journey.  Only 10 more weeks until the BIIIG DAAY!!  I can't WAIT!!!  After finishing those 13 this week, I felt amazing!  I know, that I know, that I KNOW 26.2 WILL. BE.  COMPLETED IN 2011!  CAN I GET A WHOOP WHOOP ruuuun  FORREST, ruuuun!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment