LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Clean Slate

Tonight, as I ponder the past 12 months and the future 12 months, I am full of a heart of gratitude.
  I am so grateful to be alive! 
I am so grateful for a God who never leaves me nor forsakes me, who meets my every need, and no matter how bad I mess things up by getting in the way, loves me in spite of it all!

I am grateful for the love and support of a wonderful, Godly husband and my precious children.  I am grateful for my mama--who understands my pits and has loved me through them all.  I have the best sister-in-law too, she is one of my best friends.  She and my mama are my sounding-boards and I love them to pieces!

I am so very blessed! 

I don't know what God has in store for me this 2013, but I know He has plans for me!   I have a willing and open heart.   I want to be a vessel He works through.  Things may not always be what I think I want them to be but ultimately, ultimately, I know He has my best interest at heart. 

I challenge you this new year to have an open heart and ears to hear Him calling.  We serve a mighty God!  I cannot express in words the peace that I have in knowing Jesus Christ.  He is my Calm in the middle of this storm.  People say these days: "E, you are WONDERWOMAN!" and I cringe a little inside.  You see, it's not ME that's super...Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in this world!!

We celebrated Christmas just a few days ago.  Over Christmas break we went home and visited my parents' church.  Their preacher talked about how we should have the love of Christmas YEAR ROUND, not just a few days out of the year.  And if you have a relationship with Christ you share the joy of Christmas day in and day out.  If you do not have the love of Christ today, I challenge you to open your heart and invite Him in today.  He will fill you and sustain you all the days of your life. 


I hope you and yours had a fabulous Christmas and a wonderful new year! 


Happy new year and bring on 2013!!

Until next time,

E
 

No comments:

Post a Comment