LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Reflection

I am overwhelmed this Christmas.  I have so much to be thankful for!  2012 has been an "interesting" year to say the least!! Ups and downs:   I was nominated Teacher of the Year for my school for 2011-2012, we lost a very dear friend to a horrible disease, I was diagnosed with non Hodgkins lymphoma, and the list goes on and on...Many highs and many lows but this has been an AMAZING year in so many ways too!!    

I told my mom this week that I get a little choked up while buying Christmas gifts this year. The gifts are chosen very carefully with much thought going into them. I always do this, but this year, it just seems to mean so much more to me.  

I am so grateful for my family!  We have weathered many storms together and I am SOOO glad I have them to help me along this path of life.  I honestly don't think I would have enough words to express how much I love them.  Each one of them!   

I have been blessed through friendship this past year in a mighty way.  God put a couple of ladies across my path several years ago but through all of "this", we have grown so close.  They have laughed, cried, prayed, and simply loved.  My daddy always told me: "Em, if you can count on ONE HAND 5 GREAT friends.  You've been truly blessed!"  He is soooooo right on the money with that statement!  Two women, in particular, have truly stood in the gap for me over the past 8 months and I don't know what I would have done without them.  They have helped me keep my eyes on the goal, picked me up on some rough days, held my hand and let me cry, and encouraged me all along the way. 

Yes.  I am truly overwhelmed this Christmas season.  God is good!!


Until next time,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment