LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Break

Spring break, ALREADY!?  The old saying : time speeds up with age, is so true!  Sheesh!  I canNOT believe we are already at spring break!  Before you know it, we'll be looking at  summatime!  WOOOOHOOOO MYYYY FAVORITE!!! 

 So much has happened since my last post.   Our dear friend lost his life to an awful disease: colon cancer.  I can't believe he's gone.  My heart aches for his wife and children.  Makes you stop and think how we aren't, no matter what we may think, invincible.  To say his service was "moving", doesn't really give it justice.   Over 700 people rang cowbells when he left the church.   I'm choking back tears simply thinking of the moment.  Yes sir, Scott, we got those ole Rebels to ring 'em loud and proud, all for you, my friend!  Yes, he would've been so proud.  I truly DO  believe he is celebrating beside our Heavenly Father and one day, he will greet me as I walk through the Pearly Gates.  Miss him terribly in the meantime...

Baseball has cranked up in full force.  This year, though, BOTH boys will be participating in the competitive realm.  Honestly, I don't remember what life is like without baseball to get us through the days, weeks, months....

I'm going back to get my Masters this summer.  Should be interesting...lots of work, but I know the payoff will be great in the end.  15 years of doing what I love....talk about time passing quickly!! 

Welp--hope all yall enjoy the beautiful spring weather!  Easter is knocking at our doors!  YAY! One of my favorite times of year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment